Monday 4 July 2011

No drama , just my life . . .

I finally got Whatsapp in my phone last Friday. Alice, a friend of mine , just couldn't stop insisting that I get that application.

Whatsapp


In case you haven't heard of it, here's the description from its official website.

"WhatsApp Messenger is a cross-platform mobile messaging app which allows you to exchange messages without having to pay for SMS. WhatsApp Messenger is available for iPhone, BlackBerry, Android and Nokia and yes, those phones can all message each other! Because WhatsApp Messenger uses the same internet data plan that you use for email and web browsing, there is no cost to message and stay in touch with your friends."

So I went to the app store and later found out that it isn't a free app. Since it's only $0.99, I pressed purchase. Then only it struck me that my account's card information hasn't been updated and so I wasn't able to make the purchase. In the end, Alice told me that she'll get the app. for me. (:

So I sent her my e-mail as requested and she told me she bought the app!

I synced my phone with iTunes and nothing happened.

Asked friends on fb and finally turned to Google for some answers :


Latest version of iTunes .. checked.

Checked e-mail .. checked.

Gave the right e-mail .. no check =___=


I gave her the wrong e-mail! She bought me an app and I gave her the wrong e-mail to send it to!

So I prayed hard that that e-mail isn't in use and lucky, it wasnt!

Created that e-mail and after refreshing the page for the 65816516984th time, I finally gave up.



Went back to Google and finally read that the gift can be resent if it hasn't been claimed.

Told my friend bout that and she resent it. 

This time I got the e-mail and downloaded the app to my iTunes. 

Then I synced and synced and synced and synced and synced and failed to get that app in my phone.. 

Frustrating indeed, it took me an hour to finally get it done. 

Where did I go wrong? I was only syncing my songs all along.

When all was done. I noticed that I now have 8 pages of apps instead of the usual 5. 

^&$###%%$#^#%@%

The apps wasn't in folders anymore =___________= 

One by one I dragged once again the app. into folders.

Halfway through, Mr. Smart Guy a.k.a me accidentally clicked the sync button again. FML.

Karma I think.. For always lying to kids bout how their toys vanish just to have half an hour more on it .


The day after this, I was at home revising for my Account's test. No activities this weekend. As usual, Facebook and Youtube accompanied me whenever I'm studying.

Here are some great kpop to checkout, though some maybe outdated :










Then I saw my friend, Eugene , checked-in @ Plaza Lowyat. Since he once told me that he's interested in cameras as well, I got him to do a price check on a Canon DSLR - Canon Eos 550D with the 18-135mm lens. 

A beauty isn't it?
It's close to 2 months now, since I've wanted a DSLR so badly. Been up late, reading , looking for reviews , checking on prices of cams , consulting friends , attend photography meet ups , all just to learn more. I've already decided that this model suits me best.

Was supposed to own this few weeks ago since an uncle of mine told my parents that his friend won this exact model, with it's 18-55mm kit lens, from a lucky draw and he's intending to sell it real cheap. Dad agreed to get it for me already but that fella just went M.I.A. 

Ah, life.

My friend finally replied and told me there's a shop having a promotion.; They are selling the Canon EOS 550D w/ the kit lens 18-135mm for about 2400 MYR! With 2400 MYR today, you can only get the cam with the 18-55mm lens.

I checked the price around a week ago and the cheapest price I could find is 2950 MYR. Most shops are selling for around 3.2k. 

I called home immediately and told parents about the great offer. Father wasn't around that time so I had mum to convey that message to him. 

Mum called that night and told me bout "The Problem" .
.
.
.
.

The problem was, the money can be transfered  in time, but I won't have enough time to withdraw before the promotion ends due to my card's limits. 

That night I asked around and was told that I can change my card's limit at the ATM. Checking my watch and noticing that it's still a Saturday, I rushed to the nearest ATM machine about 10 minutes walk at 11pm.

I was able to change my limit!






To a lower amount but not to a higher value. =.=


Useless, luck was against me.

The next day, I grew desperate.

I was desperate to the point that I was finding friends to lend me cash. I did manage to come up with about half the cash but still that wasn't going to work. Even if I got the cash in hand, I wasn't able to do much since I need to revise for a test.

The buying-time-to study for a test technique has been used on the 20th last month and tricks seldom work twice. I just had to study and sit for this test the the set date like everyone else.

I just hope there will be a better offer soon, though it's highly unlikely as a lot of friends told me that that price was crazy, as nothing can be done for the time being. 



I spent the rest of the day in front of facebook studying with Wen Xi and Johannes. Revision ended at 3am, went to our tutorials and met at the library again at noon to study before we all sat for the test at 2pm today.

All of us, just hoping for the best. Though for John he'd need serious luck to fail unlike me.











Imperfecion.




P/S:Wen Xi, I'm waiting for you to treat us steambot.


No comments:

Post a Comment